Saturday, July 28, 2012

Don't be FOOLED by the color in the pan, try it on your hand!

This will be a short and sweet blog post simply because there doesn't need to be much of an explanation in regards to color selection.

You just have to trust your instincts. I went into MAC today looking for a nice contour color, for some reason I always come across the same problem with contour colors (they are too light or too orange). I spoke to the only MAC artist on the floor and she recommended Dark Mineralize Skin Finish and it was too light and too orange (like I said). She then took me to the blushes and showed me Mocha, let me say in her defense I would have picked Mocha too but there was something too pink/plummy about it, it wasn't the brown contour color I was looking for. She wanted to apply it under my cheekbones but I stopped her and swatched it on my hand. It was PINK! A rosy pink but still pink! Last time I checked pink is supposed to go on your cheeks not slim your face. I loved the color on my skin tone but did not purchase it. I kept thinking of it as a contour color which it is not.

Well anyways my point is, swatch things first on your HAND not your face especially if you are out in public, you wouldn't want pink stripes on your forehead, hollows under your cheeks or chin would you?

I found a swatch of mocha (first on the left) just to show you how pink it was! Photo came from KarlaSugar.net

No comments:

Post a Comment