Friday, July 13, 2012

Should You Blindly Trust A Makeup Artist? NO, NO, NO!

I had an experience a few months back while I was in Ecuador for my brother's wedding. I have a total of 5 aunts and all of them decided to get one particular makeup artist since they loved his work. According to my aunts he had done the makeup for some television stars over there and he was top notch. Maybe it's the culture, maybe it is more acceptable over in Ecuador but I could not understand for one second why this makeup artist was putting foundation that was TWO to THREE shades lighter on my aunt's faces! It was to the point that in the pictures they legitimately looked like Natalie Portman in Black Swan. This may sound harsh but believe me it was not a pretty sight. Unfortunately, they had also paid for this makeup artist to do my makeup. I went in prepared, I handed him my MAC NC35 foundation and asked him to use it. Luckily for me in my brothers wedding pictures my neck and shoulders match my face. I cannot however speak for my aunts. They should have listened to me when I said I'd do their makeup, for free!

Out of respect for my family I wont post those pictures but here is an example of Leighten Meester experiencing "Black Swan Face".



1 comment:

  1. you are absolute true, only until I saw the pictures I was able to see the difference between my face and the rest of my body.

    ReplyDelete