Sunday, July 15, 2012

How Many Filming Disasters Can I Take? A lot Apparently.

It has been 2 days since my last post and I was fairly disappointed in myself for not writing a post yesterday. In my defense I have been filming my first three tutorials and that was an adventure to say the least. On Friday one of my closest friends Rocky (http://Beautyandthebooks21.blogspot.com) came over for our first day of filming,and while I can do my own makeup, it's a completely different experience doing someone else's makeup. Especially if that person happens to be your best friend and you can't stop talking to them about everything other than makeup.

To make matters worse, I was getting overheated from the moving around quite a bit as "director" and makeup artist" and the stress of my dog Milo (Don't be fooled by his cuteness) wanting to enter and exit the room constantly. Actually doing the makeup took me 20 minutes, with "Milo" interruptions and  being constantly stopped by giggles, dropping makeup products (I broke a blush -  was able to salvage it though!) and technical difficulties filming, this one tutorial took me 34 minutes! After all the edits I was able to create a makeup tutorial with so many cuts you would think you were on acid. Needless to say that particular "tutorial take" is not going up on my YouTube channel at (http://www.youtube.com/user/blushkissmakeup).

That was only the beginning.  It was my turn to do a makeup tutorial and my mom took the initiative to help me film.  It wasn't until half way through the tutorial we noticed intense screaming and crying coming from the other bedroom. My dad was watching The Ruins, some horrific movie at the loudest possible volume. I could not salvage any video because there was screaming through the entire thing; I don't know how I didn't notice earlier so that tutorial was out.

Saturday was a new day and I was sure that I was going to have a day similar to Friday but I had to try. Before I went to film I turned off all of the televisions and closed my door to avoid any unwanted noise. I went in and filmed my tutorial in 20 minutes. I had everything prepared so the filming itself went pretty smoothly. I felt so accomplished, then the editing came and that ruined my night. After editing what I thought was a great video, my computer would not let me produce a final copy and erased my project all together.

I won't keep rambling, I think I've done enough of that. I was able to edit the last video again and it is on it's way to be uploaded to YouTube. I love makeup and I love filming the looks, but this editing business needs to be easier. Hrmph!


No comments:

Post a Comment