Sunday, July 22, 2012

Katy Perry: Music, Makeup (tutorial) and Insight


This post is dedicated to the talented Katy Perry; She is my girl crush, and yes I would love to be her for one day. Since I can't be her I'll just do makeup that looks fairly similar to hers (tutorial above!).

I ran by this post on hellogiggles.com about Katy's insight to pretty much everything from sex to love to cherry chapstick. I feel this post is perfect to quote for my Katy Perry themed tutorial, since she is amazing.  See her movie! Believe me you will love her that much more.

 Here are my favorite parts of the post:
Please Keep in Mind I did not write this the credit goes to Jessica Tholmer.


1. When you are in love, you’ll be young forever.It is basically like taking a sip out of that Tuck Everlasting (does anyone else remember how hot Jonathan Jackson is/was?) water. Though when you are in love, you really do feel young forever. The whole being-single-and-not-in-love thing is how you start feeling old. (Enter my best friend’s eye roll.)


 4. If it’s not like the movies, that’s how it should be.
Here’s the deal: I am the most cinematically driven person maybe ever. If something resembles a plotline in a movie, I am so in—even if it is my own love life (it always is) and I gripe about it (I always do) and I talk about how I wish my boys would just man up and put a ring on it (BeyoncĂ© reference—sorry Katy), even though I don’t actually wish that because I am a a terrible commitment-phobe and if I got hitched too soon in life, I would get bored and probably end up in a Closer situation.

7. Do not settle for second best.Just between us dear readers, I will tell you a secret: the song “Thinking of You” made me cry when I saw Katy live last summer. The entire auditorium looked like a live version of Candy Land, but I could not stop the tear flow ’cause I fo sho relate to this song like nobody’s business.


Who is your favorite Musical Artist? Do their teach you about life? 

No comments:

Post a Comment